Relationships are as much of a living being as we humans are; we need nutrition to stay alive, and so do they; it just they do not crave food, but time to time they need us to put a little life into them and revitalize them with love. It does not matter how long two people have been together all relationships become the victim of stagnation at some point. The reasons can be innumerous, buying a new house or planning an upcoming wedding, anything can lead to a major fight or qualms between the couples. However, these fights and differences are not something permanent and with a little, but effort everything can be as good as new.
Refreshing things up a bit between two people is not something very hard, and there are plenty of ways to do so:
• For starters you can always go back to your old days when you first met, meaning stage something that reminds you two of your first or any memorable date, it will help you to reconnect and will remind why you are together in the first place. Talking about feelings while holding hands might sound too clichéd but it works.
• One reason that things cool of between two people is that everything becomes a part of some routine, and there is nothing new left, to avoid this try and do something that you two wouldn’t do together, take a woodworking class maybe? Anything that will be new and surprising for the both of you will help you reconnect.
• With time people tend to stop seeing how great their partner is. All they focus on are the little shortcomings they have, it may be because the two know each other better than most people, but it tends to drown the charm hence try and see your partner in a new light, the way others do. Try and see what others love about them, rediscover their traits that led you to fall in love with him or her in the first place.
• Also love is different for every individual, they find it and crave it in different forms and manner, some may rely more on the physical contact and some may incline towards the emotional stuff. Find out what is your partner’s type and make sure that you fulfill their need.
• Words can do wonders, and it is not only in a revolutionary manner, when being in a romantic relationship you need to remind your partner about how you feel or else they’ll start feeling insecure about you and your feelings about them. When you tell them how much you love them through gestures, letters or in person it makes them feel special and re-instills the warmth that had been dissipating lately.
• Life these days are so busy, and work has taken up almost every free slot from our schedules, somewhere in this work dominated life love tends to get sidetracked, do not let that happen. Take out time where two of you can sit together and just talk about you respective lives and other things. Communication gap can do tremendous damage, so it is better that you relinquish your smartphones for a while and focus on the date you have.
• When you got together maybe your plans were different, and now they have changed with time, it can be the reason why your partner maybe feeling aloof, talk about it, talking can resolve issues to a great deal.
• If you have problem communicating and you feel that no matter what you do everything is going downhill then you can surely consult a counsellor, who can help you talk about the pent-up things and remove the obstacles that are damaging your relationship.